Testimony From Psalm 23



"I shall not want."

Many years ago I wrote these words:

"But my God shall supply ALL your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19)

Lord, You have always given me everything I really needed in the past, and You shall do so in the future. You have not promised me a life free from suffering, but until the day of my death, You shall give me all that I really NEED. All I REALLY need is You!

My dear husband has found a buyer for our trailer, and he thinks we're going SOMEWHERE - not sure exactly where, but probably to the mission field. I feel a little bit like Abraham and Sarah this morning. At times it seems so utterly impossible since I'm sick, but I must remember that You are the God who works above and beyond what we are able to ask or think. In Your time and in Your way, You shall supply everything that I need. I fall into Your arms of love this morning, not knowing where I'm going or how I'm going to get there or how I will be able to survive if I don't have special food and supplements, etc. Maybe You shall indeed heal me, and then I shall not need SPECIAL provisions. Or maybe You shall provide these things for me in some miraculous way. Or perhaps You shall take me HOME. May I be content and happy and joyful in whatever You choose."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We thought the mission field was God's plan, and maybe it is for LATER. I guess God THEN just wanted me to be WILLING. At the time, I honestly wasn't sure I would be alive today...but God HAS provided all I needed...and more! Praise His name!

Then I wrote again years later:


Today, since my DH has been without a job for over a year and our unemployment is running out...and our "inheritance money" is quickly slipping away, this verse comes to me again. Somehow God will supply all my NEED. Remembering the past gives me hope for the future. Today I also think of my babies and THEIR needs. Their needs are MY needs, and this verse still says, "I SHALL not want (lack anything I (they) really NEED.) God knows their physical, emotional, and spiritual NEEDS. Some of these I can do nothing about, but I can pray and God will provide the "missing pieces" and "heal the hurts" and somehow provide the resources they really need in order to grow up into Him. Particularly today I have a need for help in knowing how to "school" these babies who just don't "get it"...and I hold onto this verse "I SHALL not want", for surely God will PROVIDE some answers and encourage my heart once again!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And He has. We passed many of these "hurdles",by God's grace.


Always...we can trust God to help us in raising these children. Amen!

No comments: