Phil. 1:4


"Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy."

Had to stop and think about this one this morning. Paul LOVED the Philippians. They were his spiritual children, and since he didn't have any flesh and blood children, his prayers for his spiritual children were probably much like mine are for my babies. My babies, of course are not babies anymore, and the older they get, the more intense the prayers get at times, it seems. :)

He says here that they were in "every prayer" of his. Wow! Well, that's kinda the way it is here with my children. They are ALWAYS in my daily prayers...and I'd say in almost every prayer, unless it is just a quick prayer about a specific thing. With 7 children I stay very busy with various prayer needs in my children's lives....always! :)

He says here that he makes requests with JOY! Wow! I'm meditating on that one. The joy comes with the love....Yes, my children have given me much joy, but they sometimes bring pain as well. The JOY comes at times with tears...and in knowing that God is in control...and that this promise is true:

"And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children." Is. 54:13

No comments: