Mt.. 11:28


"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Mt. 11:28

This verse has been a blessing to me again and again. It probably has been a blessing to you as well, huh? Several years back I read Marilyn Howshall's book entitled "Wisdom's Way of Learning" in which she explained her approach to "Lifestyle Learning." This was one of the key verses in her book as she explained exactly how I felt with homeschooling. Totally burned-out! I was definitely "heavy laden", and this verse was such a special promise as I sought to lay everything in the Master's hands....There was indeed "freedom and rest" as the Lord began to let the "educational expectations and chains" fall away.

I think we can apply this verse to our lives in many ways....in many different areas, but you know what I think Jesus was mainly talking about here?

SIN!


Until a person feels a heavy burden for sin, how can they be saved? Have you ever had that "heavy burden" like Christian did in the story of Pilgrim's Progress? When the burden for sin is "heavy", Christ will indeed bring that blessed peace and rest and take away the burden and give us true salvation if we ask Him to! Amen!

No comments: