Col. 1:11-12 and an OLD Meditation


Col. 1:11-12...

STRENGTHENED with ALL MIGHT...

What are the results of being strengthened with all might?

Verse 11 says... "unto all PATIENCE...and LONGSUFFERING with
JOYFULNESS; GIVING THANKS...."


So the results of being strengthened by His Spirit are:

1. Patience


2. Longsuffering with joyfulness

3. Giving thanks


How did I apply this to my life?

Well, yesterday I was experiencing and facing once again one of those unsurmountable "family frustrations". You know, the kind of thing that simply "drives you crazy", trying to know just WHAT you are suppose to be doing as a good wife and mother in the face of opposition. Honestly, yesterday I was ready to just QUIT...for the "millionth" time. LOL!

Anyway, this verse once again reminds me that part of the reason for the
"struggle" is so that I'll develop PATIENCE.
But I am also reminded that in my LONG SUFFERING, that I am to be JOYFUL. "Oh, yes, Lord! I forgot. I'm suppose to be joyful! Sort of failed that one, but I'm determined today to be just that!" :)

The last thing is GIVING THANKS! Yes, giving thanks for the frustrations....Yes, even the frustrations that make me want to scream! If I handle them properly by the power of the Spirit, then patience will rule my life. As I've mentioned before, the Lord had impressed me awhile back to start my day each day with at least 3 things to be thankful for. It sure has made a difference in my attitude. What are your 3 things you are thankful for today? Mine are:

1.Thankful that I woke up today with more HOPE :)

2.Thankful that DH said we could try a different schedule here...and praying it will work much better! :)

3.Thankful that my daughter said she'll do something I really want her to do :)

No comments: