A Mother's Sin...Worry...Must Be Overcome



"(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of STRONG HOLDS;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" II Cor. 10:4-5

Worry is a "stronghold" that needs to be "pulled down".

I must....I simply must take these "thoughts"...and lay them on the altar this morning. I laid the stones on the driveway....one for each of my dear children
and one for my husband, too. I must lay them in God's hands and let Him watch over them. :)


Then I read Andrew Murray on holiness... "Obedience is the path to holiness.
Do not only pray for light and strength but
act. ..It is sad that so many
Christians...have never realized the place of supreme importance that obedience has in the Christian life."


"In a certain sense I may even will a thing but lack the energy or self-sacrifice or power that will motivate me to do it. Thinking is easier than willing, and willing is easier than doing. ACTION ALONE proves whether the object of my interest has complete mastery over me. God wants His will done. This alone is obedience."

Wow! This means I must today ACT....and quit worrying... :)

It is sin..... And Jesus gives me a COMMAND...

"Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

No comments: