Promises for Deliverance of Fear




Several years back on my 49th birthday, I was meditating a lot on REALLY coming to a place where I would no longer be anxious or worried about anything. That would be wonderful, wouldn't it?

Why does it seem to be a "mother's sin"?

Why can't I just TOTALLY TRUST God?

I Cor. 6:20 came to mind..."For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your SPIRIT which are God's." My spirit needs to be at peace...

"If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward him; If iniquity be in thine hand, put it far away, and let not wickedness dwell in thy tabernacles. For THEN shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt NOT FEAR." Job 11:13

I guess it's still all about repentance and seeking God....

Verse 18 also says, "And thou shalt be secure, because there is HOPE; yea, thou shalt dig about thee, and thou shalt take thy REST in safety. Also thou shalt lie down, and none shall make thee AFRAID."

I've always looked at this verse in terms of "digging into the Word"....that's where I'll find "rest and safety". Then I shall not be afraid. :)

If I SEEK Him...If I put away wickedness...If I DIG....then I shall NOT FEAR!

That's a wonderful promise! :)

Truly KNOWING Him and His sovereignty is the secret to having this sort of
peace, I know. So I must keep pressing on!

No comments: