Titus 2:3a,4-5

"The aged women...that they may be teachers of good things. That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. "

This passage challenges me, as I am classified as an older woman, I guess. :) I know I must obey, but I feel so unqualified to say much. I have made so many mistakes, and I'm still in "process" with raising the last two of my seven "babies" who are teens.

I'll share what the Lord lays on my heart as we go along, but I want to just give some definitions here and also challenge you to closely study I Cor. 13 in connection with loving your husband and children. Looking up key words in the Strong's concordance is a good place to start. :)

Here's just a few.....

Discreet- "safe (sound) in mind, i.e. self-controlled (moderate as to opinion or passion): discreet, sober, temperate.

Chaste- "Clean, i.e. (fig) innocent, modest, perfect: - chaste, clean, pure.

Keepers at home - "a guard, be "ware" a stayer at home, i.e. domestically inclined (a "good housekeeper")

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a wonderful blog!I hope to come back to read more soon! Question, what age are we considered an "older" mom, or woman?

MomWith7 said...

I have no idea what constitutes an "older woman". I guess you have to ask God that. :) But I'd say if you have child that is almost 30 and a grandchild like I do, well....I guess I'd better start considering myself an older woman. :) LOL