Paul had a "Mother's Heart" ?



"For I
fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, back bitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall BEWAIL many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed." II Cor. 12:21

Paul really had a father's heart....or maybe a "mother's heart"????

I find it interesting here that he "feared" for his "kids". He was PROTECTIVE...watching out for their spiritual well-being.

He says if he finds them in sin that he will BEWAIL. This word means "to grieve".

Another verse that shows this is II Cor. 2:4...

"For out of much affliction and ANGUISH OF HEART I wrote unto you with many TEARS; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the LOVE WHICH I HAVE MORE ABUNDANTLY UNTO YOU."

TEARS...in front of children....tends to soften their hearts...usually. And it is right to let your children know you are crying and praying for them. Paul did.

No comments: