Do you Have a Visionary Husband?



I've really been meditating recently on the first part of I Pet. 3, especially verse 6.

"Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do
well, and are NOT AFRAID with any AMAZEMENT."

The part that really jumps out at me are the words "are NOT AFRAID with any
AMAZEMENT."

The word "amazement" means, "ALARM".

I want to be more like Sarah - reverencing my husband...thinking his ideas are grand..... trusting his judgments WITHOUT FEAR... (v.1)...having a meek and quiet spirit.(v.4)

With a"Mr. Visionary" as a husband, I often find myself ALARMED, though, and I am convicted with this verse. Why does my heart often rise in "alarm"? I know it's because of the past, but I must not let fear take hold.

I am NOT to be ALARMED!

"Oh, Lord, calm my anxious heart."

Surely God knows what He is doing! He is in control of this "roller coaster ride"! :) I must remember this! Amen!

No comments: