More Helpful Thoughts on I Pet. 3


I was thinking back over the I Pet. 3 passage and was meditating on the "meek and QUIET SPIRIT"....Guess that would be one that is not troubled or disturbed or fearful. I guess a "quiet spirit" is one in which DH's decisions will not "alarm"...:) A "quiet spirit" is one that stays at rest and in "peace" no matter what DH decides.....

I guess "subjection" to DH means totally "letting go" of what I want for the children and letting him decide what's best for them in all areas....just asking him what he wants for them rather than trying to convince him what I THINK is best for them, although all the while praying for their protection and what is best.

Recently a friend sent me this advice:

"Pray that the Lord will show (your DH) a new wife... Ask the Lord to change you so much that(he) is shocked and excited! Let the Spirit show him a different wife...(One that is trusting and not afraid.) "(Then) you won't be getting in the way, between (him) and the Holy Spirit."

Also she said....

"... total dependency and trust are what will build your husband up so that he will go the right direction and make the right choices... your pushing or 'encouraging' won't do it. And is your DH reacting to your fear?..."

She continued....

I wasn't fearful... but I know that when I used to try to get my DH to do something or stop doing something, he would react to me and go the way I DIDN'T want him to go, just
because it was what I didn't want! And I don't think he was intentionally making that
choice... it was just what he did.

Something else, there were many times that I talked with my DH and he agreed with me. We either went about doing what I had talked about or saying that we believed something I had talked with him about ... but then I found out later that he didn't really agree with me.. he just said it because he sort of agreed.. and it wasn't like my thing was wrong, but he didn't really want to do it or didn't feel ready to do it... and so he wouldn't follow through with it, which would mess everything up... but it was only because I tried to get him to go a certain way."

Helpful words, yes?

I guess we need to let our husbands make the decisions without giving much of our input unless we do it with "questions" or a "take it or leave it" way....to totally let them drive on these "wild rides" :) (knowing that God's hands are really on the wheel, even if they let go.) Whew! Sure glad to know that, aren't you?! Amen!

No comments: